[Asterisk-Users] Sip show registry returning nothing

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Mar 11 13:21:38 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:48:49 -0700
  "Wiley Siler" <wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:
> All my SIP phones are still working and all my dialing
>is still working,
> so I did not think it relevent.
>
> Sip reload...
> asterisk1*CLI> sip reload
> Reloading SIP
>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip_nat.conf': Found
>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip_additional.conf': Found
> asterisk1*CLI> sip show registry
> Host                            Username       Refresh
>State
> asterisk1*CLI>
>
>Files are there...
>
> Verified that the extensions are correct.  They are...
>
> Now I just have to figure out how I can get calls (and
>they are all
> routing correctly) yet not show a registered entry.
> Bizarre
>
> Thanks!

What Eric posted in the other email is correct. sip show
registry is for when you have a "register =>" line when
you are registering with a provider. It gives the status
of you registering to them. The "sip show peers" is for
looking at a user resistering with your * box.

I did not even think about that being the issue.. :-)

Robert