[Asterisk-Users] Vonage a provider?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:57:01 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:34:04 -0700, Wiley Siler
<wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:

Why answer? because I don't want this to happen again. But I dont'
care to help him/her or even you.
If the answer is as close to someone as a single line in google, I
don't understand why this is called giving a hand? this will just
teach some ppl to be ever more lazy.

> Why answer if you are bothered?  Isn't that just burning more of those
> electrons of yours?  8)
Burning more electrons. Nope, maybe he/she and you will learn for next
time, so I saved those electrons. Now don't ask me if I'm burning more
electrons now. I dont' think so look above.

> People get stuck on things and need a hand.  Doesn't mean they are lazy
> by default.
If all they had to do is search for vonage on voip-info.org and there
it is, then it does mean that they are lazy.

> They just don't know better.
They don't know better? I think they do. How did they get to this list then?

> In this case, it is a good chance to direct him to other providers who
> do what he wants.
He doesn't want other providers he want vonage, and vonage does it.
(you are also one of those lazy ones, you didn't even search it on
voip-info.org).

> That strengthens the providers, strengthens the market for voip, and
> that will improve things for ALL voip users.
I can't agree more with you, and thats exactly why vonage offers it.
Hopefuly because vonage offers it, broadvoice will start offering it
in his area soon.

> Why ot just drop the hint for how the user can get things they want and
> let them learn.
That's exactly what I did. As well as asked that person to please search first.

> Todays noob is tomorrows Asterisk contributor.
>
> Like mama said, if you don't have anything nice to say, you should not
> say anything at all.

I did, I tought him how to use google for a specific site (BTW, you
can do the same thing from within voip-info.org, thats how their
search tool works).

> At least that is how I feel about noobs and silly questions.

This has nothing to do with noobs and/or silly questions. This has to
do with not doing any research but wanting others to do it for you.