[Asterisk-Users] Wireless VoIP

Torsten Krueger torsten at nrw-online.de
Fri Mar 11 12:39:06 MST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Wiley Siler wrote:

> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=456

I would recommend against the Pulver/Zyxel/BCM Phones for several reasons.

They get HOT on the ear after some minutes of talk
Battery lifetime is too low for real life
Even with latest firmware (which took Zyxel from 08/2004 to 03/2005 to
release) I experience random crashes of the whole phone.
Voice quality is choppy when using G711 and 128bit WEP because the CPU
seems too slow to en/decrypt the 80kbit/s VOIP Traffic
NO Backup of the Phonebook
NO Import into the Phonebook
The Webfrontend is still a PITA which works only completely with IE.
The first two keypresses are lost when the phone is in standby mode
and much more

If someone has experience with the Senao stuff or other WiSIP phones I'd
like to hear about it.

Regards
Torste Krueger