[Asterisk-Users] No ringback over IAX - LiveVoip

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Fri Mar 11 12:13:23 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:53 -0700
  "Wiley Siler" <wsiler at education2020.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I saw some coverage of this in the list archive but no
>one seems to have
> posted a resolution.
>
> I am using Asterisk at Home 0.06 and when I get a call from
>LiveVoip over
> IAX I dump it into my IVR.
>>From there the call is routed to groups based upon input.
>
> However, there is no ringback indicated to the IAX
>caller.
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Wiley

According to LiveVoip folks it is ASterisk's fault that
this does not work. Even though there are many of us using
IAX with other providers with no problems.

Just don't complain too much as they will email you and
tell you that if you do not like it to just cancel. Or, as
one user noted here, it seemed that his account was just
deleted without any contact. Not sure if that is really
what happened or not. But the email contact telling you to
cancel will. They did it to me..

Robert