[Asterisk-Users] Wireless VoIP

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Fri Mar 11 12:04:37 MST 2005

I've been evaluating the Hitachi WIP-5000 IP Phone for use with
asterisk. It works very well in my tests, though i have yet to test out
roaming between access points and such it does have good sound quality,
it supports ulaw, alaw and g729, and decent SIP support (support for to
registration hosts, direct dial, voicemail, presence, text messaging). I
have not been able to get STUN to work though there are menu items for
it they don't seem to work in the PROM version I have. These phones cost
about $330.00 and can be ordered from http://www.verilan.com/store/

If you have a specific question feel free to drop me a line...
-Matt