[Asterisk-Users] Festival & Asterisk CVS Head

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Fri Mar 11 09:32:46 MST 2005

I just installed Festival 1.9.5 and all dependencies.  It works properly
from the command line, as I can play the contents of a text string or
file from the Festival command line through PC speakers.

I then added the code to the festival.scm file, as detailed in Method 1
of http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation   I did
not apply the patch used in Method 2, because I can not locate one for
Festival 1.9.5.

I start Festival in server mode and then restart Asterisk.  In the
extensions.conf I have

exten => 2950,1,Answer
exten => 2950,2,Festival(Hello Adam)
exten => 2950,3,Hangup

Festival.conf is all defaults, everything is commented out.

When I call extension 2950 from my SIP phone, the Asterisk CLI shows:

S-ATL-PB01*CLI>
    -- Executing Answer("SIP/2034-25df", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Festival("SIP/2034-25df", "Hello Adam") in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/festival.conf': Found
Mar 11 11:24:07 WARNING[18073]: app_festival.c:445 festival_exec:
Festival returned ER
  == Spawn extension (intl-access, 2950, 2) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2034-25df'
S-ATL-PB01*CLI>

The Festival console shows:

[root at S-ATL-PB01 bin]# festival --server
server    Fri Mar 11 11:23:16 2005 : Festival server started on port
1314
client(1) Fri Mar 11 11:23:39 2005 : accepted from localhost
client(1) Fri Mar 11 11:23:39 2005 : disconnected

No errors, no clues.

Has anyone run across this?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.