[Asterisk-Users] EADS6550 and asterisk - echo on PSTN call

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Fri Mar 11 08:20:27 MST 2005

Hi list,

would like to know if some of you have tested asterisk connected to an
EADS 6550 analogique PBX (also know as Nexpan50).

Our set up is a Dell Optiplex with 1 TDM400 4 FXO, 1 TDM400 4 FXS, (no
other card, each of them have their own IRQ) all ports connected to the
EADS. We have GS ATA286 as EP. Calling from ATA to ATA give a perfect
sound. Calling to PSTN numbers or reverse side, give echo.

We can do what we want in zconfig.h (STEVE2, MARK2, MMX,
AGGRESSIV_SUPPRESSOR, NOECHOCAN_DISABLE) or zapata.conf (tx gain=-10.0,
echocancel=32 ... 256,), test with differents POTS phone, it change
nothing. We even didn't notice changes between our various changes in
those files (and yes modules where unloaded between each test). Always
the same echo.

So know we start to doubt that this echo problem is asterisk related but
perhaps more to the PBX. That's why we ask if some of you have/had
similar setup with this PBX and if there is a solution.

Thanks for any hint.
--
Daniel