[Asterisk-Users] Some Hardware Advice

Dennis Webb dwebb at delta-express.cc
Fri Mar 11 06:53:25 MST 2005

I know the g4 370's(I think that's the model) have issues with zaptel
cards and the new intel chipset.  I've also seen people have issues with
the 3ware SATA raid cards if that is what ships in the machine.  The
last thing I saw recently was a dell server having trouble with NMI, and
disabling the USB seemed to fix it.  Google the list for the above
things to find more info.

It seems the main issue with hardware is irq and pci latency.  I've also
seen people mention hyperthreading causing some issues.