[Asterisk-Users] One single record file for a meetme monitor?

Fri Mar 11 06:12:02 MST 2005

I'm trying to figure out the best way to record a
conference.

Many people suggest something like this:
exten => 2060,1,Answer
exten => 2060,2,Wait(1)
exten => 2060,3,Monitor(wav,myfilename)
exten => 2060,4,Meetme(1,ps)

However, this creates two files for each user that
connects to the meetme.  (I know they can be mux'd
together to make one with sox..I've done that too)
However, you still get 10 files if 10 users enter the
meetme.

I'd really like to be able to simple record a single
file with all the channels mux'd together.

Someone suggested executing a script and having the
monitor application join the meetme.  However, I have
yet to see this work correctly.... and it isn't the
best solution because I've got to have some logic to
add the local listener when the first person enters...
and exit when the last person exits.

Anyways, just wanted to see if any of you have this
worked out already.  I really think there should be an
option on the meetme.

Thanks,
Dave