[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic TDA200 E1 -> E100P negotiation issues

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Mar 11 01:55:55 MST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, James Bean wrote:

> >You need to tell us more about what card you have in the Panasonic PBX.
>
> Ok not exactly sure what info to give you, I ordered an E1 card from
> panasonic for the phone system and its what they sent me, it has an RJ45
> interface and coax TX/RX connectors as well, I also have full access
> with the "techs" version of the panasonic control/programming software
> and know my way around if there is something specific I could get out of
> the settings on the card for you to allow you to know which card it is.
> I would "assume" (I know that's bad) that it is an ISDN card as it
> should be the card that is used to connect to a telco directly.

Well, you can connect to the telco using non-isdn signalling as well. In
Europe isdn is by far the most common signalling form used on an E1. Can
you find the model number for the E1 card?

> I know that it is using hdb3, it only shows up with 30 channels on the
> card in the E1 slot setup.

An E1 always has 30 voice channels, one signalling channel (running CAS or
CCS) and one timing channel. (Well, you _can_ run voice over channel 16,
but then you would not have any signalling as RBS is not normally used on
an E1).

> What happens to channel 16 which is usually set as the d-channel, or
> should I be including channel 16 in with the rest and not using port 31
> in the channels?

Channles 16 on an E1 is always reserved for signalling. There are several
signalling mechanisms which can be transported in that slot. Isdn uses
CCS, but there are other non-isdn signalling systems that instead use a
few bits per channel each frame, CAS.

Can you send me the result of a "pri intense debug span X" from asterisk?
Have asterisk set to be the clock source (the timing set to 0 in the span
line) and configured as pri_net.

Peter