[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 500 bitmaps and Idle Display Animation

Kai-Uwe Jensen kuj at cojensen.net
Thu Mar 10 20:31:06 MST 2005

> I'm still having some trouble and have a few questions.

> 1) When defining the bmp file name...
> <IDLE_DISPLAY ind.anim.IP_500.38.frame.1.bitmap="astlogo"
> should the filename be exact or is there an assumed extension of .bmp?

 It is an assumed extension of .bmp. So just put the "basename" into
 ipmid.cfg. My complete line reads

   <IDLE_DISPLAY ind.anim.IP_500.38.frame.1.bitmap="astlogo"
                ind.anim.IP_500.38.frame.1.duration="0"/>

 And then in ~PlcmSpIp I have the astlogo.bmp.

> 2) Where is the custom bmp file to be placed?  The ftp folder that the
> phone is using to pull the configs or from a web server?

 Yep, the root of your ftp folder to be exact. Which is the same as the
 home directory of your PlcmSpIp user, I assume, and the same directory
 where ipmid.cfg sits.

> 3)Did you have to change the microbrowser section of the ipmid.cfg?
>  <microbrowser mb.proxy=""><main mb.main.home=""/>
>  <limits mb.limits.nodes="" mb.limits.cache=""/></microbrowser>

 No changes there. I think the MB stuff is for the IP600 only, in any
 case.

 And that's all I had changed. Just ran a diff between my ipmid.cfg and
 the stock version:

 - In <bitmaps><IP_500 ... Added my bitmap def as
	bitmap.IP_500.66.name="astlogo"

 - changed <indicators ind.idleDisplay.enabled="0"> to
	<indicators ind.idleDisplay.enabled="0">

 - redefined <IDLE_DISPLAY to use the new bitmap, as shown above.

 - reposition the bitmap on the display in tge <gi><IP_500 block as
	outlined in my previous message. The physX and physY coordinates
	will depend on the size of your bitmap, so don't just use mine.

-- kuj