[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@home silly problem, please help!

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 17:03:06 MST 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 23:12, Junk Mail wrote:
> What's making me desperate is that the lines go by, capiinit is, in fact,
> runned, and Asterisk still fails in the end.
> I login and type my very first command "asterisk -vvvc" and it then starts
> with no trouble.
>
> Is this strange or what ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm willing to bet that the modules haven't actually loaded when asterisk
tries to start. I'm pretty sure I had the same problem on my box.
You need to slow down the boot (I know sounds weird everyone nowadays wants
their machines to boot asap), instead of inserting text grabage, find where
the modules are loaded and insert a couple of seconds of sleep after the
modules are loaded - I'm away from my box atm and can't for the life of me
actually remember the syntax. Run a quick google for 'bash sleep'.

HTH
Jon
Jon