[Asterisk-Users] Do I Need Asterisk.

Rafal Kaniewski rafal at movingimagearts.com
Thu Mar 10 16:42:25 MST 2005

Creative Commons (uk) / licensing of youth rap/lyrics via cellular –
with disputes settled / tournaments via online (www) public voting of
streamed audio battles (recorded via mobile) – looking to pilot it in 3
months with a few youth clubs in London and very small amount of public
arts funding (mainly for the streaming server space)….

Seeking tutorials & details (asterisk: cellular voicemail, sql,
transcoding integration, magic cauldron) about setting this up..  as the
asterisk manual is very sip / work telephony focused.

Or are there other pbx’s better suited too such a project?

From: C. Tomlinson

Do you mind me asking for a little more information regarding what this
would be used for?

From: Rafal

Hi, can someone knowledgebale about pbx's please help me with some
research before I approach people for help/funding.. (its for a
youth/community web site in the uk)

I require a pbx that:

1) on dialing in:
-requests a user ID,  checks a database if the userID & callerID matches

-records a message transcoding it to a streaming audio format
-logs the call;  user ID; address of the media file in database

2) dials out:
-from database
-plays streaming file down phone or onto voicemail

what are my options here? please advise..
(my knowledge level is basic python & general scripting)