[Asterisk-Users] zaptel configuration issues (zaptel.conf vs. zapata.conf)

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:37:41 MST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:04:57 -0800 (PST), Asterisk at Home
<asteriskathome at yahoo.com> wrote:
> did you try the auto-config?

I'll be honest with you - I wasn't aware of an autoconfig. I'll bite
my tongue and say it's an oversight on my part, but in my cursory
search I didn't come across anything that mentioned an auto
configuration tool.

For the list's archives and anyone as aloof as me - zaptel.conf and
zapata.conf are two very VERY different files; regardless of how
similar their standzas are. Upon reading the wiki entry again, it
makes it more clear. I honestly don't get how I missed that the first
time around. I've got the same zaptel.conf as Tom (thanks for the
reply, Tom) tweaked for my 4 FXO modules, edited the zapata.conf to
1-4 channels and put them in group 0 - everything seems to work fine
now. I can't test it yet since our XO T1 broke |-:

I would suggest, however, to make this autoconfig tool much more
prominent in the web interface for brain dead non-phone sys admins
like myself. And now for my next suggestion - making the hold music
configurable in the web interface, instead of just being able to
upload and delete hold music.

Regards,
aaron.glenn