[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home, AMP, and Broadvoice

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Thu Mar 10 16:32:09 MST 2005

Egad, not again with Broadvoice! Anyhow, I recently installed AAH and
configured my TDM11B and got that and some SIP phones working. I still
have some issues to work out, etc, but my current problem is Broadvoice.

I have checked out all of the online resources, including the recent
list exchange about the recent changes made by Broadvoice. However, the
one thing I have found to be consitent in all of the online info is that
nothing consistently works....

I have tried to combine the tutorial by William Pool at
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-January/086337.htm
l with the latest instructions from Dan Weber at
http://foo.robotics.net/mediawiki-1.3.10/index.php/Asterisk_Setup . This
has not worked. Right now, "sip show registry" shows this:

Host                            Username       Refresh State
sip.broadvoice.com:5060         6033751414 at s       120 Auth. Sent

I added this to my sip.conf:

externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
localnet=10.1.0.0
localmask=255.255.0.0
nat=yes
My /etc/asterisk/sip_additional.conf contains this relevant portion:

register=>
nnnnnnnnnn at sip.broadvoice.com:pppppppppp:nnnnnnnnnn at sip.broadvoice.com/2
00

[from-broadvoice]
username=nnnnnnnnnn
user=nnnnnnnnnn
type=user
secret=pppppppppp
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
context=from-pstn

[sip.broadvoice.com]
username=nnnnnnnnnn
user=nnnnnnnnnn
type=peer
secret=pppppppppp
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=nnnnnnnnnn
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
authname=nnnnnnnnnn

Here are my two questions:

1.) Does anyone have a summary of what to input into AMP to properly
setup Broadvoice? The tutorial by William Pool looked hopeful, but no
such luck.

2.) Can anyone see the painfully obvious screwup I made here? For
whatever reason this isn't working, and I can't find any consistent
answers on Broadvoice.

Thank you for your consideration, I have been documenting my progress so
I can share the results with the community once completed.

Tom