[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom phones do not talk to each other

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Mar 10 15:37:49 MST 2005

>> Also, I'm sure you've probably checked on this one,
>> but are the phones registered with asterisk?
>> You can make outbound calls on them without them
>> actually being registered.  I'm assuming you can
>> still get in and see the CLI.  What does "sip show peers"
>> look like?  What does "sip show peer xxx" show?
>> What does the CLI show when you dial a phone?
>
> The Phones are registered with Asterisk.
> They ring each other, through Asterisk, but
> DIALSTATUS appears as NOANSWER  even when you lift
> the handset
> APP:  exec Dial SIP/51|32|tr  200 result=0
> APP:  get variable DIALSTATUS  200 result=1 (NOANSWER)

Arrgh.  Well, it looks like that DIALSTATUS variable is not getting
updated properly.  Since we can't tell what the AGI script is really
doing or how it works, it would be darn difficult to fix it.  Anyone
for reverse compiling?  I don't think Bicom would like that so much,
though, so maybe you can make a feature request with them.