[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom phones do not talk to each other

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Thu Mar 10 15:07:50 MST 2005

>Also, I'm sure you've probably checked on this one,
>but are the phones registered with asterisk?
>You can make outbound calls on them without them
>actually being registered.  I'm assuming you can
>still get in and see the CLI.  What does "sip show peers"
>look like?  What does "sip show peer xxx" show?
>What does the CLI show when you dial a phone?

The Phones are registered with Asterisk.
They ring each other, through Asterisk, but
DIALSTATUS appears as NOANSWER  even when you lift
the handset

The CLI Log is here when Extension 50 Called 51.

VAR:  agi_request: init.sh
VAR:  agi_channel: SIP/50-6c72
VAR:  agi_language: en
VAR:  agi_type: SIP
VAR:  agi_uniqueid: asterisk-28947-1110484788.110
VAR:  agi_callerid: 50 <50>
VAR:  agi_dnid: 51
VAR:  agi_rdnis: unknown
VAR:  agi_context: default
VAR:  agi_extension: 51
VAR:  agi_priority: 1
VAR:  agi_enhanced: 0.0
VAR:  agi_accountcode:

   Detected protocol 'sip' ...  200 result=1
   Detected caller '50' ...  200 result=1
   Set limit - 24  200 result=1
   Limit not exceeded (3 < 24) for localextensions  200 result=1
   Set limit - 5  200 result=1
   Limit not exceeded (3 < 5) for 50_out  200 result=1
   Detecting destination for '51' ...  200 result=1
   Found Destination localextensions (range 51 - 51)  200 result=1
   Setting destination 'localextensions' ...  200 result=1
   This is local extension, skipping Time Based Dialing/miniLCR ...  200
result=1
   Set limit - 24  200 result=1
   Limit not exceeded (4 < 24) for localextensions  200 result=1
   Detecting Vertical Services ...  200 result=1
   Set limit - 1  200 result=1
   Limit not exceeded (1 < 1) for 51_in  200 result=1
   Checking for channel SIP/51 ...  200 result=1

APP:  exec ChanIsAvail SIP/51  200 result=0
   Dialing '51' ...  200 result=1
APP:  exec Dial SIP/51|32|tr  200 result=0
APP:  get variable DIALSTATUS  200 result=1 (NOANSWER)
   Dialing Voicemail 51 ...  200 result=1
APP:  exec Voicemail u51  200 result=-1
APP:  answer  200 result=0
   Playing macro 'vm-goodbye' ...  200 result=1
APP:  stream file vm-goodbye  200 result=-1 endpos=6880
APP:  hangup