[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 841 Headset microphone volume?

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Mar 10 14:03:56 MST 2005

Scott Bussinger wrote:

> We're setting up some Sipura 841 phones and they're working pretty well, but
> the microphone volume on the headset (not the handset) is too loud with our
> Plantronics headsets. Is there some way to turn down the amplification on
> the headset mic?
>
> The microphones are picking up the sound of someone walking on the floor
> across the room and every little movement or shuffle of the user. I found
> places to control the output volume of handset, headset, speaker, and ring
> but I haven't found anything for input control.
>
> Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks!

On the Plantronics M175 there is a little three position switch where
the plug is to adjust the microphone sensitivity.  I usually keep mine
set to the middle position, except when I'm calling my grandmother who
is hard of hearing.

--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain