[Asterisk-Users] Re: Paging using multiple sound cards

Jeff G jeffg at junknet.net
Thu Mar 10 12:22:56 MST 2005

Why *wouldn't* I bother? Using $5-$10 sound cards would be a much cheaper,
professional, and more permanent solution than having a couple hacked phones
laying near the PA system. Just trying to keep the setup clutter and problem
free,
as well as as cheap as possible.

I'm not a developer, but I don't think it'd be too much of a pain to program
the console channel driver to provide 2 output-only channels from a single
stereo sound card. Maybe I'm wrong?

Also - For another scenerio, I'd like to know if anyone has the MOH music
playing full time, for both Asterisk and outputting to the sound card, so I
can
use the same music for a hardware PBX? I was thinking using a Slimserver
might be the answer, but if the music is already set up in Asterisk, why not
have it output it as well.

Jeff