[Asterisk-Users] bypassing auth info

Argon Belucci arg274 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:53:28 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem with forwarding the authentication info, hope
you will know a solution.

I need to connect few remote asterisks to one in my location via IAX, and
then forward all the calls initiated by them via SIP or H323 to PSTN cisco
gateway or SER proxy server. Unfortunatelly,  all the authentication and
accounting need to be done on this terminating gateway or SER server.
So, what I need to do is to bypass calls on my asterisk to SER or cisco with
username&password data of the IAX originator of a call, not of my asterisk
server.
All the calls would go to one destination (SER or Cisco) but from the
different originators, and they need to be distinguished on terminating
destination.

Also, the best would be to allow everyone to connect via IAX to my asterisk,
without a need to update iax.conf/extensions.conf every time. AAA would be
done on terminating gateway/proxy.

Any idea how this could be done ?

thanks, Argon