[Asterisk-Users] MP3 stream for MOH

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Thu Mar 10 08:04:45 MST 2005

CJ Toma wrote:
> Any suggestions how can I get asterisk to play MOH (music on hold) a MP3
> radio stream from the internet (http:// location) instead of a MP3 file
> in the mphmp3 folder?
>
> I tried putting default => quietmp3:http://www.waixwave.com/pacnet.pls
> instead of default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 but did not work
>
> got message NOTICE[25564]: res_musiconhold.c:309 monmp3thread: Request
> to schedule in the past?!?!
>
> Any suggestions how to get the mp3 stream work?
> Thanks.
> CJ

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk
Has several examples.

ie..

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Using%20Slimserver%20for%20Music%20on%20Hold

slimp3 => custom:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3-dummy,/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -s
--mono -r 8000 -f 8192 -b 0 http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3

But once you get it going, it doesn't work anyway.

Asterisk stops MOH (closes the stream) when channel hangs
up. This is great for all other MOH uses, but
drops the mp3 stream and doesn't reconnect to
streaming sever. (as noted in original patch/bug #413)

Unless someones worked on fixing this.
I was streaming XM radio thru MOH.

But for now, your better off just moving along.