[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:12:39 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:31:34 -0000, Marshall, Ed
<ed.marshall at cetelem.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I am currently having an issue with a Cisco 7960.  The phone is using SIP
> firmware version 6.3.  I have successfully got the phone to register with
> Asterisk and I can call the phone from other non Cisco handsets.  However
> when I dial out from the 7960 I do not even see any output on the Asterisk
> console.  Is there some sort of DTMF setting which I might have incorrectly
> set ?  Following DTMF settings are in my SIPdefault.cnf file.
>
> dtmf_inband: 1
> dtmf_outband: avt
> dtmf_db_level: 3

A sip phone using the SIP protocol never sends actual DTMF when
dialing, instead it uses an invite message to asterisk, which has the
digits dialed in it. The tones you hear -when pushing the buttons on
your phone- are actualy not sent to asterisk until you either press
dial or #, or if your dialplan setup in diaplan.xml sends it. The
inband and outband settings are only used when already talking on the
phone (I might be wrong on this one, anybody out there if I am, please
let me know).

 What does the phones display tell you when you dial?