[Asterisk-Users] BRI: "Unable to create channel of type 'ZAP'"

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 10 07:02:54 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build a SIP / ISDN BRI gateway. I'm using asterisk and
zaptel 1.0.6 with the bristuff patches. I have a Billion HFC card
connected to a BRI ISDN line.

Unfortunately each time asterisk tries to make a call on that channel, I
get NOTICE[6236]: app_dial.c:759 dial_exec: Unable to create channel of
type 'ZAP'
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

When I try to call from the outside, all I get is:
chan_zap.c:7786 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary
D-channel of span 1

The module zaphfc is loaded correctly.

Zaptel Configuration
======================

SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 266-399 feet (DSX-1)

Channel map:

Channel 01: Individual Clear channel (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: Individual Clear channel (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: D-channel (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels configured.

On startup, Asterisk seems to initialize ZAP correctly:
[chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
    -- Registered channel 1, PRI Signalling signalling
    -- Registered channel 2, PRI Signalling signalling
    -- Automatically generated pseudo channel
  == Starting D-Channel on span 1
  == Registered channel type 'Zap' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)
  == Registered channel type 'Tor' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)

I'm not sure why it says PRI though.

Here's my configuration:

zaptel.conf
===========