[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@home silly problem, please help!

Junk Mail junkmail at segurajuda.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 9 16:12:59 MST 2005

Hi all!

After much struggling I got my *@home working fine AND making use of two
AVMFritz!PCI cards. Really nice !  (kernel 2.4.2x)

There's however a silly glitch that's getting on my nerves, and, kind of a
newbie that I am to linux, it should be easy to get help :

-- "capiinit start" MUST BE run before Asterisk. (any other way makes * not
to start because chan_capi doesn't find CAPI support)

You must find this an easy thing, as I did. So I entered /etc/rc.d/ and
inserted "capiinit start" to start as early as possible. Also added some
lines of junk text so to see them going by as the system boots...

What's making me desperate is that the lines go by, capiinit is, in fact,
runned, and Asterisk still fails in the end.
I login and type my very first command "asterisk -vvvc" and it then starts
with no trouble.

Is this strange or what ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

M.G.