[Asterisk-Users] voicepulse "silence" during conversations

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Wed Mar 9 14:06:24 MST 2005

Hi all, I'm running Asterisk 1.0.0.  I am a customer ( and supporter )
of voicepulse.  For me, it works perfectly, but one of my customers
noticed a small problem:  During a conversation, when the otherside
isn't talking, it's almost like the mic turns off.

Not that big of a deal I know, and the more I think about it, the more
this seems a voicepulse issue.   But in the off chance this could be
something on my end:

Asterisk 1.0.0
Connecting to voicepulse via iax, ulaw codec
Polycom 500 IP SIP phone, ulaw codec

I'll be honest, I don't notice it at all, but my customer does, and I'd
like to make them as happy as I can with this system.

Also ( I would feel silly making another thread out of this ) what are
the common reasons for echo between sip phones going through two
different asterisk servers?  As in phone -> asterisk A -> asterisk B ->
phone.  I've been searching for it, but I'm not having much luck.

Thank you, any help is greatly apprecaited!

Sean