[Asterisk-Users] Tweaking AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Wed Mar 9 11:56:02 MST 2005

Actually an eight slot wire-wrap chassis came with the 2531's and they're pin-compatible with the 257x cards. I took it home and went to town on it with an angle grinder and tig welder and, voila, four two-slot chassis. As for power supplies, eBay provided them also - a bunch of DIN rail mount 48vdc supplies from industrial instrumentation - these cards require less than 1 amp each to operate.

If others were considering deploying these cards in desperation they could just as easily have cabling soldered directly to the card edge connector seeing as they're all 1/8" pads. You'd only need to connect approximatly 10 wires - Send IN & OUT, Receive IN & OUT and +/-48vdc. Demonstrating an effective, successful echo cancellation system would probably be enough to loosen the purse strings enough to cough up for an 'offical' chassis.

I can post edge-connector pinouts and wiring instructions to the wiki if there is interest.

Kris Boutilier