[Asterisk-Users] Assistance with Overhead Paging

Tom E. Cole tcole at lamatek.com
Wed Mar 9 11:23:14 MST 2005

We have purchased an Asterisk based PBX solution that is completely
setup with one exception, overhead paging. We have a powered Paging
System and want to find a way to set an extension (i.e. 999) to use the
sound card, which would in turn go out the paging system speakers.

I've seen several references to this being possible, but no examples how
to do it. The system we purchased does not provide the sound card as an
option for an extension, only SIP phone, analog phone, IVR, Call Queue,
Voice Mail, Agent log-in, Agent log-out....

Any help would be appreciated.