[Asterisk-Users] Which hardware for this solution?

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Wed Mar 9 10:40:40 MST 2005

[...]

> Straight to the point: what kind of hardware I need? I saw
> some PCI cards (like Digium Wildcard TE110P) but I am not
> sure what to buy.

You need to but the appropriate cards to interface with the PBX you are
trying to connect to.  Without knowing what interfaces it has available,
that's a difficult question to answer.

If it's got an E1 or T1 interface, buy an appropriate port-density T1/E1
card (surprise) like a TE110P or TE410/405P.  If it's analog, and
appropritaely-configured TDM400P would be the way to go.

Cards are cards....get what you need to make the interface happen.  It's
like asking what card you need to connect your computer to some
undescribed network.  If the network is ethernet, you need an ethernet
card.  If it's token ring, you need a token ring card, etc.
Daryl