[Asterisk-Users] Unable to dial out using HFC ISDN card

Stuart Ford stuart.ford at rhydio.com
Wed Mar 9 07:33:37 MST 2005

I'm running * with a bog standard HFC ISDN card using zaphfc. Everything
seems to work, including incoming calls, but I simply cannot make outgoing
calls. This is very odd since the same card worked with the same
configuration in another server.

This is what I get from * debug. The only possible difference between the
two servers that I can think of is that the HFC card is sharing an IRQ in
the new server, whereas it wasn't in the old one. Could this possibly have
an effect, and if so, how do I stop the card sharing IRQs with other
devices? I've disabled everything that I don't need in the BIOS already.

build_route: Contact hop: <sip:extn702 at 172.28.218.178>
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/extn702-82a5", "Zap/1/01932567543") in new stack
    -- Called 1/01932567543
Ooh, format changed from unknown to alaw
    -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup
Unable to forward voice
Set option AUDIO MODE, value: ON(1) on Zap/1-1
Hangup: channel: 1 index = 0, normal = 9, callwait = -1, thirdcall = -1
Not yet hungup...  Calling hangup once with icause, and clearing call
disabled echo cancellation on channel 1
Set option TDD MODE, value: OFF(0) on Zap/1-1
Updated conferencing on 1, with 0 conference users
Set option AUDIO MODE, value: OFF(0) on Zap/1-1
disabled echo cancellation on channel 1
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
  == No one is available to answer at this time
Exiting with DIALSTATUS=NOANSWER.

Thanks

Stuart