[Asterisk-Users] Which hardware for this solution?

Giorgio Mandolfo gmandolfo at thundersystems.it
Wed Mar 9 06:59:21 MST 2005

Hello,

we are a firm who wants to develop some VOIP solutions.

The first infrastucture we choose for development is:

- an Asterisk machine connected to a traditional PBX (s0). In this way
people is not (yet) obligated to migrate its extisting PBX (and analog
phones) to VoIP.
- The PBX will be then configured to redirect specific outgoing calls
(i.e. a remote branch office) to Asterisk, that will deliver such call
to a remote and previously configured Asterisk gateway (VPN).
- The 'remote' Asterisk should converts this call, speak to the PBX
connected and finally the phone ring.

* Phone -> Analog PBX -> Asterisk -> INTERNET -> Asterisk -> PBX -> Phone *

Straight to the point: what kind of hardware I need? I saw some PCI
cards (like Digium Wildcard TE110P) but I am not sure what to buy.

Any help, URLs is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Giorgio Mandolfo