[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk System() call error

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Wed Mar 9 06:37:02 MST 2005

I have a linux (bash) script file which is invoked via:

exten => s,3,System(./BuildMsg.sh ${SFile} msg02 msg99)

When I start asterisk with the command:   asterisk -vvvvgc

This script executes as expected ('asterisk -gc' and 'asterisk -vg' also
work).  However, when I try to start asterisk with the command:
  'asterisk -g'  the script does not execute and I get the following error
message in the 'messages' log file:

Mar  9 08:06:55 WARNING[790]: Unable to execute './BuildMsg.sh 1-1 msg02
msg99'

The script file is located in /etc/asterisk, and I have confirmed that
asterisk is looking for the script file in this location: I tried
exten => s,3,System(pwd > location.out) and location.out contained
'/etc/asterisk'.

Asterisk is running as root and the group/owner of Buildmsg.sh are set to
'root' (I have also done a 'chmod 777 Buildmsg.sh' just to be sure).  I am
running: Asterisk CVS-HEAD-02/17/05-11:17:10, on a linux box with GNU bash,
version 2.05b.0(1)

Any ideas as to what would be causing this behaviour are greatly
appreciated!

Jonathan