[Asterisk-Users] Echo for first 15 to 20 seconds

jamesm jamesm at bestweb.net
Wed Mar 9 06:19:20 MST 2005

I am using asterisk with a handful of DM04B cards. Everything seems fine except for an echo on all calls on the local end of the call. In almost all cases the echo goes away after 15 to 20 seconds. I am attributing the echo going away to the echo cancellation code that was enabled when the following options are set:

echocancel=yes ;
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes ;

Is there anyway short of playing with these options which I have already done to improve this echo issue.