[Asterisk-Users] DTMF out to Cell Phone

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Mar 9 03:53:02 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 14:16 -0500, John Fullington wrote:
> I set up a monitoring system that calls my techs when a problem occurs on
> one of our networks, everything works fine unless  asterisk calls a cell
> phone in which case the tech can not respond using dtmf. It works fine if
> the tech call in but not if asterisk call a tech's cell phone. Anyone one
> have any suggestions?

The application sounds interesting. Any chance you can email more about
what you are actually doing?  (code?)

It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with mismatching Codec's
or how the DTMF is being sent... etc...

I have an Asterisk installation with BRI and with a premicell attached
to an analogue interface (Premicell=fixed cell phone with analogue
2-wire interface that gives dial tone - like a trunk line)

Perhaps I can then confirm your problem - or help with a solution?
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE