meaningful subject [was: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Another Newbie Question]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Mar 9 01:45:13 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:38:24PM +1100, Callum McGillivray wrote:
> Hey all,

Hi, welcome to this list

> My apologies if this sounds blindingly obvious, but am I correct in saying
> that I can use Asterisk to connect two extensions and make calls between
> them without needing an actual telephone line at all ?

I figure it's possible.

> As I said, probably blindingly obvious. but my techies have gone home for
> the evening and I was looking for an answer before I left.

Suppose someone will have the same question a year from now. He'll try
to do the Right Thing and search the archives of this list first.

He may get some hits for his search from this thread, but will dismiss
them, because the title of the thread was "a newbie question" and gives
no hint to the fact that we're talking about connecting extensions.

Cheers

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's