[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice latest changes and still not working- An Additional Server

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 23:08:10 MST 2005

Chris,

first of all, if your server has been up for 200 days, I suggest you
update the kernel -- you don't say if it's Linux, but chances are that
yes... and there have been some security bugs patched recently.

That aside. I'm not sure, but it's possible that since you are using a
valid host name ('sip.broadvoice.com') in your dial statement, perhaps
* tried to talk to it directly and does not consider the section in
sip.conf. Just a guess. You will notice from the the sip debug output
that * does not even try to authenticate, as if it didn't know about
the user/secret.

I use the BV number as the section name, so the dial statement
essentially looks like: Dial(${EXTEN}@${BV_LINE})

Try changing yours to say "broadvoice" and then the corresponding
section in sip.conf. I'm using the DCA server, and didn't have an
issue at all when they introduced INVITE authentication on the
weekend. This is how my section looks like:

[360350XXXX]
type=peer
dtmfmode=inband
username=360350XXXX
fromuser=360350XXXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXX
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
canreinvite=no
nat=no
insecure=very
context=incoming
outgoinglimit=2

In /etc/hosts I have:
147.135.0.128           sip.broadvoice.com

It's the proxy.dca.broadvoice.com server. Hope this helps...

--Luki