[Asterisk-Users] STOP NOW not responding

Matt Klein mklein at nmedia.net
Tue Mar 8 17:22:33 MST 2005

Try ps -auxww, find the process and kill it. Or, if you're on
a system that supports killall, just killall asterisk.

safe_asterisk should restart the * process automatically, or if you're not
running safe_asterisk, then just start the process after you've killed
it.. I have no idea why STOP NOW doesn't work every time, but I
experienced the problem with a 2004 CVS-HEAD update.

-Matt

"Yeah, we rocked the vote all right. Those little
bastards betrayed us again."
- Hunter S. Thompson on the 2004 election.