[Asterisk-Users] Voicetronix Tones

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Tue Mar 8 16:56:49 MST 2005

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I seem to remember reading a
similar thread a while back, but for the life of me I can't find it
(after 30 minutes of intensive googling).

I have a voicetronix openline 4 card in an * server running CVS HEAD as
of 1st March. Everything is working pretty much as as expected (with a
little more echo than zaptel?).

The question I have is regarding tones heard when dialling. When a sip
phone dials a PSTN number, a dialtone is heard after the number is
dialled, before the ringing tone. I assume that this dialtone is coming
from the voicetronix card.

Can this additional dialtone be bypassed? It's rather annoying.