[Asterisk-Users] Adit 600 for asterisk

Jerry jjones at quiddesign.com
Tue Mar 8 15:49:50 MST 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 14:07 -0600, Dennis Webb wrote:
>> Ok,  I've pretty much decided to try the Adit route.  Somebody who has
>> experience with these tell me if I'm missing something.
>>
>> I have 15 incoming PSTN lines.  T1 is not an option at current
>> location.  I want to put in an Adit 600 with 2 8-port FXO boards.  The
>> adit will then connect to * via a digium t1 board.  I configure
>> zaptel.conf for the T1.  What other parts would be needed?  How do the
>> PSTN lines connect to the Adit, standard rj11 jacks? It looks to be
>> about a $2500 investment and I need to know if there is anything
>> special I am missing.
>
> The Adit has a 50 pin D connector that is like the old SCSI connectors.
> To connect your phone lines, you either want to get a punch down block
> that has a 50 pin connector on it, or possibly a device with RJ11 style
> jacks and a 50 pin connector. Then you connect it with a 25 pair cable
> with 50 pin connectors on either side.
>
> Go to any reputable supplier near you and they should be able to help
> you look at and find what you are comfortable with to use for
> installation.
> --

Install an RJ21 and cable to your Adit. As Steve mentioned the Adit has
2 50pin connectors. They are female. An RJ21 is a 66M150 Block mounted
on a bracket and wired to 2 50 pin connectors mounted on the same
bracket. These connectors may be either male or female, but generally
female.
See
http://www.siemon.com/e-catalogXML/
datasheet.aspPN=157C&FAM=S66PrewiredMSerie&P=5739 for an example.

Go to your local telecom distributor, probably who you are ordering
your Adit from, and get a prewired block and 2 25pr cables to connect
your adit. If you are not going to ever exceed 24 lines then you may
only connect 1 25pr able.