[Asterisk-Users] Nortel ATA not passing dtmf tones to fxo

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Tue Mar 8 14:47:19 MST 2005

Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I am trying to integrate a Nortel Norstar system with an Asterisk service
> using a TDM04B card (4 fxo).  So far everyting works from Asterisk to Nortel.
>  The problem is when someone dials from the Nortel PBX to the Asterisk server.
>  Asterisk answers the call and provides a dialtone (with DISA) but appartently
> the DTMF tones are not passed to asterisk and the call cannot proceed.
>
>     This only happens when calling from a digital phone on the Nortel.  If I
> connect an analog phone to the PBX and dial from there the call can go
> through.  Anyone has experience with this?
>
> --
> Carlos Chavez
> Director de Tecnología
> Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de México S.A. de C.V.
> Tel: +52-55-91169161 Ext 2001

Yes the norstar is a piece of work. We have the same problem. The only solution
is to dial asterisk then press feature 808 on your digital phone then the phone
system will pass the dtmf - what a crock!

HTH,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)