[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Upgrade Failing

Staalenburg, Juan staalejg at teksavers.com
Tue Mar 8 14:06:37 MST 2005

You da man!  Thanks.

Regards,

Juan Staalenburg
Teksavers, Inc.
(512) 255-8395 x1002
AIM: juanteksavers

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Adamson [mailto:radamson at routers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:19 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Upgrade Failing

> Does anyone know how to get a Cisco 7940 w/FW ver 2.0.3 to v3x and above.
> Can't get it to upgrade on its own via TFTP.  Phones w SCCP image will
> upgrade fine but I can't get these 2.0.3s to start the firmware upgrade.

On some older 79x0's, we've had to delete a bunch of the config statements
within the *.cnf files in order to upgrade. Deleting comments and the
majority of statements won't have any impact in terms of upgrading, just
make sure you keep a full copy of the files around so that once the
upgrade is complete, you know what parameters were there to start with.

The above is based on upgrading several used 79x0's (with experience).
Seems not all phones were created equal (eg, maybe differences in buffer
sizes, nvram, or something).

I never did try to figure out why some worked and some did not without
deleting that stuff.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: