[Asterisk-Users] Wildcard X100P or TDM400P?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Mar 8 12:24:54 MST 2005

> > > TDM400P with FXO daughter card includes 1 hour of Digium support. It is
> > > supposed to support other line types. If you have trouble, it is likely
> > > you will get direct support from Digium and from the community here.
> >
> > It should be noted that several people including myself are having voicemail
> > volume problems with the TDM400P (is anyone having it with the X100P?) which
> > for us makes the card unusable for what was intended (a basic home PBX/answering
> > machine).
> >
> > This is documented in bug #2023:
> > http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002023
> >
> > You'll also notice that it has been dormant for quite some time.
>
> Voicemail volume is not related to the card you use. If it was related
> to the card used, you wouldn't have the separation needed to make all
> the interfaces work.
>
> Voicemail volume is usually complained about by people not using
> standard wav format. It is due to the volume of wav files being
> manipulated at write time where as all other formats are as they come
> off of the line.

Steve, help me understand exactly what you said above. Having problems
with "to the card you use" and "related to the card used".

Also, please clearify "not using standard wav format". Does that truly
mean recording voicemail messages in gsm format is the cause for the
additional 10db of loss measured and noted in bug 2023?

If that's the case, then why has bug 2023 been lurking without any such
comments for many many months?

Rich