[Asterisk-Users] How does asterisk do the routing?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 8 10:41:03 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 17:13 +0100, Michael Vogel wrote:

> So I want to register the SIP client at the asterisk server that itself
> is registered at the different SIP providers.
>
> Does that work the way I want?

It's what people do here all the time. One issue might arise though,
i.e. where your * server is, on the internet or on your LAN. If the
latter applies, make sure your router allows registering his inbuilt
client with LAN servers, too (so it's probably rather about how the
router does the routing). In that scenario, of course all the issues
discussed here at length, like SIP and NAT troubles, apply too. With
your * server on the internet though you should be fine.

Regards, Bruno.