[Asterisk-Users] Please help with install *

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Mar 8 09:55:35 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:35:47AM -0800, Victoria Alexandru wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response but I'm afraid this is not an option for me...
> I could use a live cd with asterisk preinstalled and declare where are my
> config files, but it seems I have to deal with mdk cooker, not even early
> releases or debian which I know they have an rpm, or deb.
> In fact, at the end of the assignment I have to deliver an rpm myself for
> all my colleagues.

It's been a while since I last packaged RPMs for Mandrake. I now mostly
package debs.

However if you need to package your starting point should probably the
existing spec in the package. Mandrake has a number of its own
distro-specific macros.

The Debian package puts most of the sound files under
/usr/share/asterisk rather than /var/lib/asterisk because they are
mostly static data. The voicemail is still under /var/spool/asterisk
using symlinks.

I don't know if there is any easy way to package kernel modules for
Mandrake. All the zaptel stuff is pretty tricky because you have to call
ztcfg after all the modules were loaded.

The latest Debian packages now use dpatch which is a patch management
mechnism (like RPM's one). To get the patches, apply hte "diff" of the
package and look under debian/dpatch . the.dpatch files are diffs with a
little script on top.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's