[Asterisk-Users] Recommended Phone for beginner

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon Mar 7 20:32:29 MST 2005

Ryan Burke wrote:
> Wow.. what an awesome mailing-list!
>
> I appreciate the input, I'm looking at the Polycom 300 right now and
> debating on spending the extra $60 / phone to upgrade from the
> BudgeTone. Chris, I like hte Sipura 2100 idea, but I need at least 3
> phones and would like to stick with native IP phones vs running my
> existing phoes through an adapter. Thanks for the suggestion though, it
> is definately good to know and a possibility in the future so that I can
> use some of my wireless phones with *.
>
> I'm always ready for more suggestions though..
>
> Ryan

Ryan,

	The Polycom IP300's can be difficult to configure - you either have XML
config files, a small screen, or a limited web interface.  Polycom's are
my favorite phones, but I would reccomend a Sipura SPA-841 for this
application.  The lack of a built in switch could be a problem, but the
2.5mm headset jack helps ease the pain.

	The Sipura 841 goes for under $90.  It works well, and has a nice web
interface.  Once you get more advanced you can use their Sipura Profile
Compiler tools to work with multiple phones (or work through Polycom XML
config files and switch to them)...

--
Kristian Kielhofner