[Asterisk-Users] Recommended Phone for beginner

Ryan Burke burke at tailorhosting.com
Mon Mar 7 19:32:12 MST 2005

Hello everyone, I've been watching this list for a while, but it is the
first time I've posted. I'ved decided to setup a * server for my house and
will need 3 phones (one main, one for my wife, and one for my office). I was
wondering if there was a particular brand that people reommended? I'd like
ot get an actual SIP phone, instead of an adapter like the Sipura SPA-2000.
I've been looking at the Grandstream BudgetTone 100 series but after looking
at the Wiki for setting up * with that phone it looks like it might be more
trouble than its worth. Of course I would love a Cisco 79* but I'd like to
keep the cost at a minimum but get a good amount of flexibility in tersm of
features. Hopefully once I get over the learning hump I can start
contributing to this list.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan