[Asterisk-Users] Question with email notification

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:21:36 MST 2005

--- J P Edmund <listmail at acedsl.com> wrote:
> I have been searching all over for the answer on all
> sources online and
> have come to the conclusion that it must be
> rudimentary or I am asking
> the wrong question.
>
> I cannot figure out how to configure the box to set
> the "from" address
> to a correct domain, as my outgoing isp will not
> pass mail from
> root at asterisk1.local, as I expect it wouldn't.
>
> Any help is appreciated, even just what should I be
> looking for to find
> the correct information.

This is more of a straight Linux question ... you
probably need to either set hostname for your
machine(s) or configure sendmail (assuming you're
using the default mailer) properly to set the correct
"from" address. You won't find the answer on the
asterisk wiki or mailing-list archives, I suspect. :)

Try reading the man pages for hostname and sendmail
... or do a google search. I remember having to do
something like that myself a while ago when I was
setting up my Linux boxen.

Cheers,
Maya