[Asterisk-Users] Hardphone deployment recommendation

alex troff-news at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 14:33:21 MST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 10:26, Paul Dugas wrote:

> A more uncomfortable issue is that the speaker phones were found to be
> working very poorly.  The speakerphone user is just about inaudable to the
> user on the other end of the call.  This is the case with all of the units
> I have.  I had them all running the lates firmware from the website.  In
> Sipura's defense, they responded within about 15 minutes to my support
> email with a link to a "test" version of the firmware which improved
> things but didn't completely fix it.

The microphone is [somewhat inexplicably] mounted in the base over a hole that
faces downwards, between two of the rubber feet, its like a 'U' with a dot
inside it. If you're feeling brave, you could bore a new hole and mount it
somewhere its more likely to pick up the voice of the user. Or you could try
enlarging the hole with the tip of a knife and see if that helps. I fitted a
few LEDs inside pointing in at the screen because of the lack of a backlight.
Didn't make much difference.

alexd