[Asterisk-Users] Dial, record, save to voicemail

Cameron Beattie ext_news at appsfarm.com
Mon Mar 7 13:57:46 MST 2005

I want Asterisk to do the following:
- call a voicemail system by dialing a number and playing a DTMF tone
- record what is said by the called party and save the recording to a file
- end the recording when a particular phrase is said by the called party
- put that recording into an Asterisk voicemail box and notify the user

I've made a start below (on the easy bit). Any further pointers on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

[macro-callminder_retrieve]
exten => s,1,Dial(${LOCALTRUNK},083210,6,D(www1))
;this dials the callminder number, waits and then plays DTMF tone 1 to retrieve new messages
exten => s,2,Record(/tmp/msg000%d.gsm|0|20)
;this doesn't seem to work

For those who wonder why: We have a small business with two incoming lines. We have "Call Minder" where the incoming calls are recorded to voicemail if both lines are busy. By implementing Asterisk we will have two voicemail boxes, the Asterisk one (where calls aren't answered) and the Call Minder one (when lines are busy). The idea is to retrieve the messages from Call Minder on a regular basis and put them into the Asterisk voicemail box.

Regards

Cameron