[Asterisk-Users] Hardphone deployment recommendation

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Mon Mar 7 08:53:58 MST 2005

Psul
I bought one a few weeks ago.

I had the same issue with 'initialising network.'  I had a very fast
response back from their support desk.  Solution is to unplug the
network cable reset back to factory defaults from the keypad menu.

I have concerns over the Sipura 841's TX audio quality - it seems to
have some AGC or noise suppression which does not work at all well.  If
you talk quietly the phone seems to mute all TX audio.  Shout and it
starts sending.  I have disabled silence supression.

It needs 'de-Americanising' for progress tones, languages, date and time
formats and also needs the SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY support or similar for
multiple line appearances.  I think with a bit more work it will be a
great little phone.

Rgds
Tim