[Asterisk-Users] Custom Development

Ken Sandell ksandell at successfulhosting.com
Mon Mar 7 02:40:41 MST 2005

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a programming or Development Team/Company to do some custom
coding for Asterisk.  What we need is not exactly simple.  In fact, I'm not
sure the extent of the coding as far as technical terms go at all.

Currently we have a "call center" with 4 phones.  There will be a total of 8
people using the phones.  Obviously, no more than 4 people will use them at
a single time.  But each phone will be used by 2 people.  Just different
times or different days.  This sort of leads to a problem.

We don't want users to be allowed to access each others extensions.  This
requires some coding.  We currently use Polycom SoundPoint IP 600 SIP
phones.

We want a web-based login interface for the phone system.  Basically,
someone will go to a station which has a computer and a phone. They go to
asterisk.mycompany.com and are prompted for a login and password.  Each
phone has a name.  Phone1, Phone2, Phone3, Phone4.  The first time they
login, they should be asked to select a default phone.  Once they select
their phone and are logged in, Asterisk should route all calls for that
users extension to the phone they have logged in to.  This will also be used
with the Queue system.

We also need full reporting accessible via the interface.  Total number of
calls per hour, per day, per week, per month.  Total number of minutes per
call, per day, per agent, per extension, etc.  I think you understand the
reporting part now.

Now - I believe the above mentioned features are the most difficult and
should at least let you gauge your ability to complete the project.

If you think you can complete this in a reasonable amount of time, please do
respond to this request and let me know some additional contact information.
Phone contact is required if you'd like the position.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to your responses.